(makes 16 cookies)
1/4 cup (60 g) margarine, softened
3 tablespoons (36 g) sugar
1 large egg white
1 teaspoon (5 ml0 vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups (200 g) sifted cake flour
refrigerated butter-flavored cooking spray
3 tablespoons (60 g) no sugar added raspberry fruit spread
- In a large bowl, cream margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg white and vanilla. Beat well. Stir in flour.
- Using your hands, form dough into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C), Gas Mark 4. Shape dough into 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls. Place 2 inches (5 cm) apart on a cookie sheet which has been lightly coated with cooking spray.
- Using your thumb, press a hole in the center of each cookie. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until golden. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Spoon 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) of the raspberry fruit spread into center of each cookie.
Per 1-cookie serving: 85 calories (31% calories from fat), 1 g protein, 3 g fat, trace dietary fiber, 0 cholesterol, 43 mg sodium
Diabetic exchanges: 1 carbohydrate (bread/starch)