Recipe Needed For A Picnic On Sunday The 9th

This Is Really A Simple One. I’m Almost Afraid To Post This For The Laughs It Will Get. I Need A Recipe For Deviled Eggs. My Moms Are Awesome But She Doesn’t Believe In Measuring Ingredients And I’ve Never Gotten Hers Right. Thanks For Your Help!!! Shelley Bodnar

Shelley - Don’t worry about anyone laughing - this is a recipe request! And unfortunately - it’s one of those “eyeballing it” recipes too! But the best part is - you really don’t need much to stuff an egg (amount-wise that is!)

It’s not easy to duplicate a recipe at times and for something as easy as deviled eggs - I bet every member here could give you several different ways of preparing them! Here’s a few that have been used for family and friend dinners -

My dad liked miracle whip, sweet pickle relish (or finely chopped sweet pickles), paprika on top and a half stuffed olive for decoration - that was HIS favorite.

Mom likes hers with chipped carrot, onion and celery added to dad’s favorite.

I have also added a dash of onion powder instead of using finely minced onion.

You can use minced capers, red onions, green onions, etc.

I was at a shower and they had eggs stuffed with minced tuna added to the mixture.

Some like it “kicked up a notch” with cayenne.

The possibilities are endless once you put our thinking cap on and I feel that there is a big difference between using miracle whip, hellmann’s and cheaper brands that are out there!

Should I mention - the oddest ones I had been served at different functions? How about using sandwich spread instead of salad dressing/mayo and having finely minced ham or bologna?? And what about tartar sauce and flaked fish with capers and lemon juice?? Or a combo of mayo/salad dressing and sour cream?? Or a smidge of cooked pastini!!!

I guess if you can eat it - you can use it to stuff! LOL

KW

Shelley,
Try using the search function on this site. I did and it came up with over three dozen different deviled, stuffed, and hard cooked egg recipes. They usually have measurements included. Or you could just do an internet search. There are jillions of them out there. You just have to pick the one that appeals to you.

Good luck with whatever one you choose.
Pat

Here’s my sister-in-law’s recipe. I don’t know what they taste like because I don’t eat deviled eggs! LOL My mother makes hers similar to this too.

4 hard-cooked eggs
2 Tbsp mayonnaise
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp finely chopped onion
Dash salt and pepper
Paprika