Recipe to freeze

[b] :frowning: Hi…
I’ll be flying to wisconsin a few days to visit my boyfriend, he leave by his own, and I wanna cook several food, and freeze it for him.
anyone can recommend me recipes or types of food that do good freezing?

Thanks in advance,

Angie :wink: [/b]

When I fix this dish I usually triple the recipe. I put it in several size containers to satisfy all my kids appitites and freeze.

BEEF LASAGNA

Sauce:
1 ¼ lbs. Lean ground beef
¼ cup pure olive oil
1 1/3 cup coarsely chopped onions
1 heaping Tablespoon oregano
1 ½ teaspoon minced garlic
1 ½ teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 cup plus 3 Tablespoons dry white wine
3 ¼ cups crushed tomatoes in puree. (There will be a couple of ounces left in the 28-oz.
Can. Save it. You will use it in assembling the lasagna.)
5 ounces frozen spinach (half of a 10 oz. Box): squeezed dry

Cheese:
3 cups mozzarella cheese, grated (12 oz.)
½ cup feta cheese, crumbled

Bechamel:
1 ½ cups milk
1 cup cream
Big pinch white pepper
Big pinch thyme
big pinch nutmeg
big pinch basil
3 Tablespoons butter
1/3 cup plus 1 Tablespoon flour
1/3 cup plus 1 Tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
3 Tablespoons grated Romano cheese

Lasagna Noodles

Topping:
¼ cup unseasoned bread crumbs
2 Tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 Teaspoon very finely chopped parsley

To make sauce, cook ground beef in a saute pan over medium heat until pink is gone and meat is crumbly. Remove from heat and pour meat through a colander to drain off fat. Reserve meat. Be certain it is well-crumbled. In the same pan, heat olive oil and add onions, oregano, garlic, basil, salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook over medium heat until onions are translucent. Add wine, bring to a boil, and cook until alcohol has evaporated, about 10 min. Stir in tomatoes. Add spinach and reserve meat. Continue simmering for a few minutes. Remove from heat and reserve.

Mix together mozzarella and feta cheese and set aside.

To make bechamel sauce, heat milk, cream, white pepper, thyme, nutmeg and basil in a small saucepan until it nears a boil. Turn off heat. Melt butter in a meium saute pan. When foam from butter recedes, remove from heat, add flour, and mix to to cook, but not brown, the flour. Gradually stir in hot milk and cream mixture. Raise heat to medium high and continue stirring until mixture is smooth and thick – about 5 minutes. Add parmesan and Romano cheeses and whisk until smooth. This should be the texture of wallpaper paste. To make topping, mix together bread crumbs, Parmesan, and parsley. Reserve.

To assemble and bake:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread 2 Tablespoons of the tomato juices left in the can of tomatoes on the bottom of a shallow baking dish. Lay in one layer of the lasagna noodles. Spoon on 3 cups of the meat sauce. Spread 1 cup of bechamel across the sauce in two diagonals. Top with 2 cups of cheese mixture. Lay on another layer of lasagna noodles and repeat using the same amounts of sauce, bechamel and cheese. Top with last layer of noodles, and with fingertips, press lightly to distribute bechamel smoothly in the layers. Using a long metal spatula, “frost” top layer of noodles with remaining bechamel. Be sure to completely cover noodles so that they do not dry out in baking. Sprinkle evenly with reserved bread crumb mixture.

Bake lasagna at 400 degrees for about 60 min. or until sauce bubbles around the edge and top is nicely browned. Cover with foil last 10 min in top browns too quickly.
If baking straight from the freezer add about 20 min. to cooking time.

Once out of the oven, let set about 20 min. before serving.

[/b]