Recipe Wanted

Looking for a Recipe - either Hungarian or Polish - it’s a dessert roll - has some type of butter cream inside - my step mother used to make it at Xmas time and she would color the butter cream red and green - anyone have any ideas for this? Working on my International Cookbook right now - would love to add this in.

I think it was put in after - or it would melt? It was like a butter cream type filling - was so good. Wish she was still with us - would ask her what it was - I remember it being a light colored dough not sure what it was but would have be springy in order to roll it and it was so pretty with the green and red cream inside. She did it like a pinwheel - it’s so hard to explain. It was a creamy type filling. Not sure if I am helping here at all. LOL - I do remember though the cream had butter in it though.

check out this link and see if this is the dessert roll, called Marzipan Rollada… hope so.

Desserts - Marzipan Rollada

I know it is close to the marzipan - but know it didn’t have any fruit in the filling like the marzipan does.

It sounds pretty close - I’ll give it a try maybe toward the end of the week and see how it turns out!

Hi, was curious what the name for this recipe…Thank you Sounds good

Thank you Kitchen Witch for the info…have a good evening.

two of my good friends are chefs and from Poland and we celebrate Wigilia ( spelling?) every christmas eve, when I see them next I will ask them, especially since one is a pastry chef and she does the cakes every holiday. I know we have a poppy seed cake served every christmas eve, loaded with tons of poppy seeds, not my favorite but everyone else adores it.