Rolos have been found!

Hooray!! My daughter found some Rolos at the grocery store. Can’t believe how hard it is to find those things. Now I can make those Rolo cookies everybody has been praising about. There’s only one thing though, I have to wait until this heat wave is over to have the oven on. Seeing that this heat wave has been going on since beginning of July and expected to last a few more weeks, I’ll have to be patient and not EAT the Rolos first LOL :lol:

Congrats to you Aline . Amazing how the little things please us isnt it lol.
They to are on my grocery list to be picked up tomorrow. Dang the heat wave , hope you get to enjoy them soon :smiley:

MMM! Would you mind posting the recipe sometime? Or is it already posted elsewhere, if so - direct me! They sound great! :smiley:

Hi you should be able to go to search and find them but i sometimes have a hard time bringing the old post up for some reason. So here it is just in case you cant bring it up. It was Aline post…
Rolo Cookies

1 c. butter, softened
1 c. white sugar
1 c. packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2-1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
¾ c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 c. chopped walnuts
1 tbsp. white sugar
48 chocolate-covered caramel candies (Rolo)

Beat butter til creamy. Gradually add sugars, beat well. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well. Combine flour, baking soda and cocoa. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in ½ c. nuts (optional). Cover and chill at least 2 hours.

Preheat oven to 375 F.

Combine remaining ½ c. nuts with the 1 tbsp. sugar. Divide dough into 4 parts. Work with one part at a time leaving the rest in the fridge. Divide each part into 12 pieces. Quickly press each piece of dough around a chocolate-covered caramel. Roll into ball. Dip one side into sugar.

Place sugar-side up 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool one minute. Remove to wire rack and cool completely.

Thank you so much for the recipe skyEyz_7!! I’m definately going to make them this weekend…I’ll leave a review =) Thanks again for locating the recipe for me!

Posted a review in the rewiews forum - thank you for a great recipe!

Made the Rolo cookies, sent some to work with my brother and he gave to office girls, they called and said remember them again when I made
another batch. My husband tasted them and instructed me not to give out to everyone. So they were a really big hit…thanks