3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
6 cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 yellow onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 carrot, peeled and diced
1 cup sweet corn
½ lb lean ground beef
2 sweet Italian sausages, casings removed
½ cup ham, diced
½ cup pepperoni, thinly sliced
2/3 bacon, cooked and diced
¼ cup all purpose flour
1 cup low sodium beef broth
½ cup parmesan, grated
2 store bought packages pie dough
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons cream
6 4” disposable pie tins
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut 12 5 inch circles out of the store bought dough rounds.
- Form 6 of the circles into the bottoms of the aluminum pie tins.
- Place the prepared tins and remaining circles in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Heat 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the onions, bell peppers, carrot, corn and garlic and continue to sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan over medium-high heat and begin browning the ground beef and sausage. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the ham, pepperoni and bacon and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir the vegetables into the meat mixture.
- Sprinkle the flour over the top of the filling, season with salt and pepper and stir to prevent lumps from forming.
- While stirring, incorporate the broth into the filling and cook until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and fold in the grated parmesan. Allow to cool.
- Once the filling has cooled, remove the prepared pie shells from the refrigerator and fill each with the meat filling.
- Top each pie with the remaining dough circles and press the edges together with the back of a fork.
- Whisk together the egg and cream and brush onto the tops of each pie.
- Place the pies onto a baking sheet, cut a small slit on the tops and bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.