Rum-Raisin Sandwich Cookies

I’ve selected some new easy-to-follow recipes (below) from our forum for you to try this weekend. First, I have a secret recipe for some yummy rum-raisin sandwich cookies. One bite and you’ll be in love with these cookies.

Members of our Secret Recipe Cookbook Club will receive cookbooks with their membership that include many more cookie recipes. If you’re interested in joining the club, you can download your first 5 cookbooks right now: Go Here

Enjoy!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
I was losing my memory, focus – and my mind!
And then… I got it all back again.

Discover How: Here
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
New Secret Recipe
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Rum-Raisin Sandwich Cookies

225x225

• 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 cup butter or margarine — softened
  • 1 egg
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
  • 1 cup raisins — finely chopped
  • Rum Frosting — (recipe follows)

RUM FROSTING:

• 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/4 cup butter or margarine — softened
  • 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  1. Beat powdered sugar, butter and egg in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour and cream of tartar.

2. Stir in raisins. Divide dough in half. Shape each half into roll, 10 inches long. Wrap and refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm.

3. Heat oven to 375º. Cut rolls into 1/4-inch slices. Place about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until set.

4. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Spread about 1 teaspoon frosting between bottoms of pairs of cookies.

RUM FROSTING:

Mix all ingredients until smooth and spreadable.

Source: The Big Book of Cookies

Enjoy These Great Tasting Recipes From Our Forum:

Grilled Chicken Street Tacos

Asparagus Quiche

Glazed London Broil

Find these recipes and many more on our forum: Go Here