SAVORY POTATO SALAD
Add fresh vegetables and herbs to give a tasty flavor to this potato salad.
6 medium potatoes (about 2 lbs)
2 stalks celery, finely chopped
2 stalks scallion, finely chopped
1/4 cup red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
1 Tbsp onion, finely chopped
1 egg hard boiled, chopped
6 Tbsps mayonnaise, light
1 tsp mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp dill weed, dried
- Wash potatoes, cut in half, and place them in cold water in a saucepan.
- Cook covered over medium heat for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and dice potatoes when cool.
- Add vegetables and egg to potatoes and toss.
- Blend together mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper, and dill weed.
- Pour dressing over potato mixture and stir gently to coat evenly.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Makes 10 servings–Serving size: 1/2 cup
Fat 2 g
Saturated fat less than 1 g
Cholesterol 21 mg
Sodium 212 mg