Seafood Stuffing To Die For

I’m allergic to seafood but I love to cook with it for my friends. This is a stuffing I originally developed for a stuffed flounder, but it works equally well in mushrooms, or anything else you’d put seafood stuffing in. It got rave reviews, and I was forced to give up the recipe or face bodily harm, so I figured I’d share it with all of you too :slight_smile:

1/2 pound sea scallops
1 can good quality crabmeat
1 large lobster tail, fresh or frozen
4 TBS butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 shallot, minced
1/2 medium sweet onion (vidalia, maui, or similar) chopped
5 slices white bread, crusts removed
1/2 cup good quality white wine
1 cup shredded swiss cheese
2 TBS freshly chopped parsley
salt and pepper to taste

Set enough water to boil the lobster tail on high heat. Meanwhile cut the 5 slices of bread into small cubes. Next chop the scallops into bite sized pieces. When the water starts to boil add the lobster tail, and cook just until done. Remove the tail from the water and allow to cool. Reserve the water it was boiled in.

Melt the butter in a large saute pan over medium low heat. Add the garlic, shallot, and onion, and cook until fragrant, stirring occasionally. Add the scallops and crabmeat, and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 minutes. Add the white wine to the pan and turn the heat up just a bit. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the wine has almost evaporated. While it is cooking, clean the lobster tail and cut into bite sized pieces. Add the chopped lobster to the pan and continue cooking until the wine has almost evaporated.

Add the bread cubes and stir gently to fold them in. Add salt and pepper to taste. The stuffing should be moist but not soggy. If it starts to dry out, add some of the reserved lobster broth a few tablespoons at a time until it is of the desired consistency. Add the chopped parsley and stir in. Finally, add the shredded swiss cheese and stir it into the mixture. Continue cooking and stirring until the cheese has just started to melt. Remove from heat.

This stuffing goes great with any white fish, simply stuff the fillet and bake as you normally would. It also works well as a stuffing for appetizer mushrooms. If you want to spice it up a bit you can also add 1/4 cup chopped pickled jalapenos. The meal I made for my friends was stuffed flounder fillets (there is enough stuffing to generously stuff 4 of them) that I baked and topped off with a mild cheese sauce. Enjoy!