Several Family Favorite Asparagus Recipes

Several of my favorite family asparagus recipes.

Asparagus Casserole

Description:
One of Margaret and Annie’s favorite dishes to serve guests.

Ingredients:
1 - 303 can cut asparagus
1 - 10 1/2 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
4~ hard boiled eggs, sliced
1 cup saltine cracker crumbs

Directions:
Mix juice from asparagus with the mushroom soup. Place drained asparagus in ovenproof dish. Add the minced eggs1 then the cracker crumbs. Pour on the soup Bake at 350 until bubbly and slightly brown on top. (about 25 to 30 minutes)

Preparation Time: Not long!!!

I remember Mother making this one when I was a little girl. I did not like asparagus then. I am so glad we did not HAVE to eat something. If we did, I have forgotten it! Of course, now, I like them.

Asparagus Casserole

1 303 can of cut asparagus
1 10 1/2 oz can of cream of mushroom soup
4 hard boiled eggs sliced
1 cup of saltine cracker crumbs

Mix juice from asparagus with the mushroom soup. Place drained asparagus in oven proof dish. Add the slicked eggs, then the cracker crumbs. Pour on the soup and spinkle with paprika if desired. Bake at 350 degrees until bubbly and slightly brown on top. This will be about 25 - 30 minutes.

Asparagus Pea Casserole

This is necessary along with cheese grits and frozen cranberry salad at our house on Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Drain liquid from the peas and asparagus and save.

Cook sauce over medium heat. When it begins to thicken, add the grated cheese. After removing from heat, add 2 hard-boiled sliced eggs before putting in the asparagus.
2 T Butter
2 T Flour
Mix and add
½ cup of the asparagus liquid
½-cup milk

I usually save the drained liquids as I sometimes add more to make a little more sauce.

Put in the casserole and add crushed crackers on top. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 10 – 15 minutes until bubbly.

Asparagus and English Pea Casserole

Miss Daisy’s Tearoom’s recipe that Mother had copied. I remember her making this but the asparagus pea casserole which I posted previously is my favorite.

1 16 oz can baby English peas - drained
1 16 oz. can asparagus cuts - drained
1 oz. can of mushroom pieces
1 can mushroom soup
½-cup cracker crumbs
½ cup grated cheddar cheese

Drain vegetables and mushroom pieces. Place half of the amount of ingredients in the order listed into a BUTTERED casserole dish. Repeat the layers in order with the remainder. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 30 minutes.

To a joyful present and a well remembered past. Best wishes for Happy holidays and a magnificent New Year.