Shake Shack ShackSauce

½ cup mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp. ketchup
¼ tsp. kosher dill pickling brine
pinch of cayenne pepper.

Combine all ingredients and smear on both sides of the bun. Or use as a dip for fries.

I like making different sauces, this one sounds pretty good, I’ll have to try it with my burgers & fries this weekend. Pretty simple too, I’m pretty sure I have all the ingredients on hand.

Yes it is too simple because there is some stuff missing. If you find a copycat recipe from a good cook it is one which they have eaten the real deal. They are very good at detecting all the ingredients, so all they have to do is trial and error to get the correct amounts of each one. So in most cases the recipe is good and tastes very close to the original.

But in this case the person writing the article stated that they got this sauce recipe from someone working for or associated with ShakeShack. The problem is I have seen others give their recipe as in this case and they always leave a key ingredient or 2 out so you cannot match the real deal. I have never had this sauce so I had no idea how it should taste. I made it and I was not impressed so I went searching to see if I could find a better one. I like this version much better.

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
4 slices kosher dill pickle
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
Pinch cayenne pepper

Combine all ingredients in blender until smooth, scraping down sides of blender with rubber spatula as necessary. Rather than using a blender I put the ingredients in a small bowl and used my submersible blender. Much easier and less clean up.
Makes about 3/4 cup sauce.