Shield's Pizza Crust from Detroit area

Best pizza I have ever had. Anyone have a crust recipe similar? It was crunchy deep dish and had cornmeal in it.

Just curious, have you tried Loui’s on Dequindre? They sell thier pizzas frozen & uncooked.

from http://www.fox2detroit.com/dynamic/images/stories/newsmorning/pizza_dough.html

SHIELD’S HOME RECIPE FOR PIZZA DOUGH

Preheat oven to 440°

3 cups white flour
1 teaspoon salt
1-½ teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon instant dried yeast
1-½ tablespoon whole-wheat flour
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1-1/4 cups water

In a large mixing bowl combine water, salt, sugar and vegetable oil. Add white flour, whole-wheat flour and instant dried yeast - knead for five minutes until doughy. Turn dough out of the bowl and separate into two halves. Form in circles and let stand for five minutes. Roll dough to 14 inch round pizza crust and let stand for five minutes. Apply toppings. Cook in preheated oven on middle rack for 15 minutes.

I was searching for Cloverleaf Pizza recipes, Sheilds is close but not quite the same. Anyone know what the difference is?

Hello I’m a first time poster and hope I’m doing this right.Shields and Buddys have practically identical sauces, a very distinct tomato flavor. Does anyone know how these sauces are made?

I had a piece of granite cut the size of my oven. I preheat it at the highest temperature for the oven for an hour and I get a crispy crust.