Smoked Gouda Shrimp Cups
• 4 puff pastry cups (4 inch diameter)
• Egg wash (1 egg and 1/2 cup milk)
• 1 lb. Jumbo gulf shrimp, peeled and deveined
• 6 oz. sliced shitake mushrooms
• 4 oz. baby green peas
• 1 bundle chopped green onions
• 10 chives
• Pinch of garlic
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Cut out 4 inch diameter rings in pastry sheets, then crimp 2 1/2 inch ring inside of circles. Lightly brush with egg wash. Bake 8-10 minutes till golden brown. Heat sauté pan. Sauté shrimp with clarified butter and pinch of garlic. Before shrimp are completely cooked, add shitake mushrooms, baby peas and green onions. Place puff pastry cup in center of plate. Remove center. Ladle sauce around pastry cup and a little inside. Place shrimp in pastry cup (4-5 shrimp per cup). Garnish with fresh chives.
Gouda Cream Sauce:
• 2 cups heavy whipping cream
• 1/2 lb. shredded Gouda cheese
Start reducing 2 cups of heavy cream by one half. Once reduced, add 1/2 lb. of Gouda cheese. Sauce will thicken; set aside and keep warm.