Smoked Paprika Chicken

1 (6 to 8 ounce) chicken breast
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
2 ounces olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
2 leaves fresh chopped basil
Pinch of salt
Pinch of cayenne pepper

Mix paprika, oil, garlic, basil, salt and cayenne pepper together. Rub mixture on all sides of the chicken breast. Let stand 10 minutes.

Sauté on both sides, golden brown until chicken is done. Slice and serve.

Do you have a brand for the smoked paprika or a store that carries it? I looked today and could not find it.

JoanieCooks

Actually I am glad you never got back to me on the smoked paprika, 'cause it forced me to do the research. I looked everywhere in all the gourmet shops and even some local ethnic markets and… nada! I checked on line and learned some interesting facts about it and even found more recipes. But that didn’t help the ‘I want it now’ factor. Then it occurred to me that I learned it is also popular in Portugese cooking, so I took a wonderful drive over to the coast to a little Portugese community and lo and behold there it was in an old country market. So thank you, for a beautiful drive, a great lunch and a wonderful learning experience!

JoanieCooks

Well - I am very glad for your wonderful trip!! Where I live we can find almost anything we want - and I keep forgetting that in other parts of the country - it’s not like that!

This recipe was so yummy!