1 cup fresh ripe pears, sliced and peeled
1 cup fresh ripe plums, sliced
1 cup fresh blueberries 1 cup fresh raspberries
1 cup white wine or white grape juice
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 stick butter
2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1/c cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350*F. Butter a 2 quart glass baking dish. Layer peaches, pears, plums, blueberries and raspberries in the prepared baking dish.

Combine the wine, brown sugar, butter and flour in top of a double boiler set over high heat. Cook mixture, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 11 minutes. Pour over the fruit. Sprinkle pecans over the fruit mixture. Chill covered for 24 hours. Remove cover and bake fruit mixture until hot and bubbly, about 20 to 25 minutes. Serve Hot This is good for a brunch

Country Scalloped Potatoes

1-1/2 pounds small red potatoes
6 Tbsp. butter, divided
3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. white pepper
1-1/2 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 green onion tops, thinly sliced
3/4 cup cracker crumbs

Preheat oven to 350*F. and lightly grease a 1 quart casserole dish.

Place potatoes in a 2-quart saucepan; add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cook uncovered until partially done, about 10 minutes, Drain and rinse in cold water until potatoes are cool. Set aside.
Melt 4 tablespoons butter in medium saucepan. Add flour, salt and white pepper, stirring until smooth. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until sauce in thickened. Add the cheese, stirring until melted.
Cut red potatoes crosswise into 1/4 inch thick slices. Layer 1/3 of potatoes in prepared dish. Top with 1/3 green onions and 1/3 cheese sauce. Repeat layers twice ending with sauce. Melt remaining butter. Combine cracker crumbs and butter in small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over the casserole.
Bake until hot and bubbly for 40 minutes.

Country-Style Mashed Potatoes

4 pounds baking potatoes, unpeeled
6 large cloves garlic
1/2 cup milk 2 Tbsp. butter
1/2 cup sour cream
2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh thyme

Cut potatoes into 1-inch pieces and place in medium saucepan. Peel garlic cloves and place in the saucepan with the potatoes; cover with water. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until potatoes are fork tender, about 15 minutes. Drain well and set aside. While the potatoes are cooking, place milk and butter in small saucepan over low heat. Cook and stir until milk is warmed and butter is almost melted. Place potatoes and garlic in a large bowl. Beat potatoes with an electric mixer set at low speed just until potatoes are mashed. Beat in warm milk-butter mixture and the sour cream until potato mixture is almost smooth. Blend parsley, rosemary and thyme into mashed potatoes mixture. Serve immediately.

This a very tasty recipe

:smiley: Hey these recipes look great,I will definitely try them.I am new to this site,and very exicited.Thanks for sharing. Curtis

Country-Style Mashed Potatoes

4 pounds baking potatoes, unpeeled
6 large cloves garlic
1/2 cup milk 2 Tbsp. butter
1/2 cup sour cream
2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh thyme

Cut potatoes into 1-inch pieces and place in medium saucepan. Peel garlic cloves and place in the saucepan with the potatoes; cover with water. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until potatoes are fork tender, about 15 minutes. Drain well and set aside. While the potatoes are cooking, place milk and butter in small saucepan over low heat. Cook and stir until milk is warmed and butter is almost melted. Place potatoes and garlic in a large bowl. Beat potatoes with an electric mixer set at low speed just until potatoes are mashed. Beat in warm milk-butter mixture and the sour cream until potato mixture is almost smooth. Blend parsley, rosemary and thyme into mashed potatoes mixture. Serve immediately.

This a very tasty recipe

I have my grandmas Pork Sausage Casserole but SB2607’s recipe looks new to me. hehe. I will try it at home too. Thanks. D