spagetti marinara

hi, does anyone have a good Spagetti Marinara recipe?

Here’s One For You!!
1lb. ground round beef
1lb. ground pork
2 large onions, chopped
4 coloves garlic, pressed
5 large cans tomato paste
10 tomato paste cans water
4tbsp. Parmesan
1 1/2 tbsp. salt
6 leaves fresh basil, or 1 tbsp. dried basil
1 tbsp. dried oregano
1tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/2tsp. Italins seasoning

In a large saucepan over medium heat, saute the ground beef, and pork sausage until it is brown. Drain off excess fat. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until smooth. Cook for 3 to 4 hours on medium heat, stirring often to prevent scorching.

ENJOY!!!

not exactly, goldenoriele, but can give you some cooking tips, first off, dont fry the garlic and onions, just let them sweat, this is best done by adding the oil and onions and garlic to a cold pan, and use a passata or tomato juice, crushed/sieved tomatoes, season and add chopped tomatoes, preferbly fresh, then you get lovely chunks of toms in your sauce, and it keeps it’s lovely red color. 2 - 3 strands of saffron also does the same trick. deglaze with white wine or white wine vinegar. something else you could consider is going to cook it simply.com and search marina sauce, saw one on there yesterday and thought about doing it myself. for an authentic italian sauce, add anchovy paste or anchovies. bon appitite!

hi, i dont know why but you add meat to it ,us here marinara means seafood mix does anyone have a recipe for it tks

If it’s a pasta with seafood sauce you are looking for, try this one:

Linguine with Shrimp, Mussels, and Calamari
• 10 oz medium shrimp with heads
• 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
• 1 large carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
• 4 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley, divided (stems reserved for broth)
• 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
• 1 1/2 cups dry white wine, divided
• 4 cups water
• 1 lb mussels, scrubbed and beards removed
• 1 lb linguine
• 10 oz cherry tomatoes (about 20), halved
• 1 small dried hot chili, optional
• 10 oz cleaned small calamari (1 lb before cleaning), bodies cut into 1/4-inch-wide rings, tentacles left whole
• Accompaniment
Extra-virgin olive oil
• Separate heads from shrimp. Put heads, carrots, coarsely chopped onion, parsley stems and 2 tablespoons oil in a 3-quart heavy saucepan, and cook, without adding any liquid, covered, over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally 15 minutes.
• Meanwhile, shell shrimp, reserving shells, then halve shrimp lengthwise and de-vein.
• Add shrimp shells, water, and 3/4 cup wine to pan (shrimp heads will turn liquid red), and bring to a simmer, skimming surface as necessary. Simmer stock gently, partially covered, 1 1/2 hours.
• Strain stock through a medium-mesh sieve set over a bowl, pressing on and discarding solids.
• Heat remaining 3 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch wide deep heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Add the mussels and remaining 3/4 cup wine, then cover and cook, shaking pan occasionally, until most of mussels are open, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer mussels as opened with a slotted spoon to a colander set over a dish to collect juices and continue to cook until remaining mussels are open. (Discard any mussels unopened after 6 minutes.)
• Add juices from dish to juices in skillet along with 1 cup shrimp stock and salt to taste (remember that pasta will be well salted).
• Meanwhile, cook linguine in a pasta pot of well-salted boiling water (it should taste almost like the sea) until barely al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain in a colander.
• Add cherry tomatoes, calamari, chili (if using) and 2 tablespoons parsley to skillet and simmer over medium heat until tomatoes are softened, about 3 minutes.
• Stir in linguine and simmer, uncovered, until linguine is al dente and has absorbed all the liquid, about 3 minutes, adding some more shrimp broth if pasta absorbs all of liquid before it is al dente.
• Stir in mussels and shrimp and cook, stirring gently, until shrimp turn pink, about 1 minute.
• Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons parsley and serve immediately.
• Pass olive oil to drizzle over individual plates of pasta.
Cooks’ Note: Shrimp stock can be cooked 6 hours ahead. Chill cooled stock, uncovered. Shrimp and calamari can also be prepared (but not cooked) 6 hours ahead and chilled.

thanks a lot never thought i would get so much response.Thanks to all who answered catherine

Let us know what you try and how it turns out.

Saute 3 cloves of garlic and one medium chopped onion in olive oil.

Take two large cans of whole tomatoes and chop the tomatoes. (Actually, you
can buy diced tomatoes, but I like my sauce chunky so I dice my own.).

Add to garlic and onions.

If you would like, add sliced fresh tomates.

Add three tablespoons of tomatoe paste.

Season with fresh oregano, basil, and salt and pepper. (Dried seasoning is
okay too).

Simmer for 30 minutes!