Spaghetti

1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 ounces pancetta
1 clove garlic, sliced
1 cup heavy cream
4 leaves fresh sage, chopped
4 tablespoon Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
1 pound spaghetti cooked al dente

Cook pancetta and garlic with olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Reduce heat; add cream and sage. Stir cream mixture, then pour over spaghetti. Garnish with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Serve and enjoy!

Hi KW,
I hope this doesn’t sound stupid, but what’s pancetta???

hi cooknik! no question is silly or stupid or anything like that!
there are many things we don’t know and if we don’t ask we will never find out!

it is also known as Italian bacon - it’s from the pork side, sliced very thin and cured with salt, spices and herbs (unsmoked bacon)

it’s very good - but then again - I’m Italian so I am used to it

KW

thanks KW,
You are right, if we don’t ask, we’ll never know…I appreciate it…

anytime!!!

Hello Chef. How do you make Spaghetti olie’o. this ia one of my favorite dishes. I know it has Olive oil, no sauce, the olive oil is the oil sauce. Can you help me in makeiing my favorite dish. Yhank You for your time.

George

of course -these are my comfort foods -

while my cooked spaghetti is draining after it’s cooked, using the same pan, I drizzle in olive oil and fresh chopped garlic and fresh minced parsley, I let this cook for a few minutes - not browning the garlic - return the spaghetti to the pan; toss to coat, kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste - transfer to spaghetti platter and sprinkle with fresh grated Pecorino Romano.

sometimes I like angel hair pasta - doing the same thing except I add some oil from a jar of oil-packed sun dried tomatoes to the olive oil, sun-dried tomatoes (chopped or julienned is the way I like it - but I have used the halved ones), drained marinated artichokes, salt, pepper, etc.

between these 2 dishes - I can eat them constantly!