SPINACH STUFFED SOLE
A scant amount of oil and part-skim mozzarella cheese give this lower fat dish a Mediterranean flavor.
as needed nonstick cooking spray
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 lb fresh spinach, chopped
1/4 tsp oregano leaves, crushed
1 clove garlic, minced
1-1/2 lb sole fillets or other white fish
2 Tbsp sherry
4 oz (1 C) part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400Âº F.
- Spray a 10x6-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat oil in skillet; saute mushrooms about 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add spinach and continue cooking about 1 minute or until spinach is barely wilted. Remove from heat; drain liquid into prepared baking dish.
- Add oregano and garlic to drained sauteed vegetables; stir to mix ingredients.
- Divide vegetable mixture evenly among fillets, placing filling in center of each fillet.
- Roll fillet around mixture and place seam-side down in prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with sherry, then grated mozzarella cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily. Lift out with a slotted spoon.
Yield: 4 servings–Serving Size: 1 fillet roll.
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 8 g
Saturated fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 95 mg
Sodium: 312 mg