- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3-5 garlic cloves (or according to taste),
peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 large bunch fresh spinach or baby spinach leaves,
well washed and free of excess water (or 1 bag baby spinach
leaves, suitable for microwaving in the bag)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In non-stick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat
until hot. Add garlic and gently sauté until golden and soft.
Remove garlic with slotted spoon and place in blender
or food processor. Add a small amount of the broth
and puree garlic; gradually add remaining broth.
Add remaining oil to pan and heat over high heat until hot.
Add spinach and toss with fork until spinach has wilted.
Add garlic/broth mixture and continue cooking, stirring
constantly, until spinach is tender, 1 to 2 minutes.