Stir Fried Pork with Veggies & Rice
4 Servings of pork and vegetables, about 1/2 cup each.
4 Servings of cooked rice, about 2 cups each
Chicken broth, reduced sodium 2 cups
Hot water 2 cups
Rice, uncooked 2 cups
Vegetable oil 2 tablespoons
Broccoli cuts, frozen cumin 2 cups
Carrots, cleaned, sliced thinly 1 cup
Onions, minced 1/4 cup
Garlic powder 1 teaspoon
Canned mushrooms, drained 1/2 cup
Ground pork 1 pound + 7 ounces
Soy sauce 4 tablespoons
- Heat broth and water to a boil in sauce pan; add rice and return to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in skillet. Add broccoli , carrots, onions, and garlic powder. Cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet. Add mushrooms. Cook for 1 minute and set aside.
- Heat second tablespoon of oil in skillet. Add pork; cook until pork no longer remains pink. Drain liquid.
- Add soy sauce and stir until mixed; add vegetables to pork mixture. Cook until heated, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve pork mixture over cooked rice.