I don’t know if the peaches would hold us as well as the pineapple - you can leave the pineapple out completely. but you can always try!
this recipe has no pineapple - if it helps any:
2 cups of sugar
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
2 cups of flour
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. allspice
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
2 cups grated carrots
1/2 cup walnuts…chopped well
2 tsp. vanilla extract
In a bowl beat with a mixer sugar and vegetable oil …well.
Add eggs and beat well
Add a little 1/2 the flour mix slow and all spices in the center mix slow
add the rest of the flour and mix well. Add the vanilla mix
Now fold in grated carrots mix with large wooden spoon…blend in well
Fold in the chopped walnuts.
Pour into greased and floured cake pans or used sheet cake pan
Bake 350 degrees 35 minutes to 40 minutes or until knife comes out clean
1 stick of Butter
little whole milk for consistancy to your liking
1 tsp. vanilla
1 box powder sugar
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups salad oil
2 cups carrots, grated
2 cups self-rising flour
2 cups pecan pieces
1 teaspoon cinnamon
dash of salt
1 cup sugar
Juice of one orange
Cream 2 cups sugar and oil. Add eggs one at a time. Add carrots, flour and salt and stir. Stir in nuts and bake in 8" tube pan for 1 hour and 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Hot Glaze: heat orange juice and 1 cup sugar. Bring to a full boil. Turn baked cake upside down on serving plate. Slowly spoon filling over top and sides of cake. Repeat until all glaze has soaked in cake.
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting pans
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
2-3 lbs carrots, grated fine (7 cups)
1 cup plus 2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Tangy Cream Cheese Frosting
1 lb cream cheese, softened (two 8 oz. packages)
10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
2 1/2 cups confectioners? sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons sour cream
1. For the cake: Toss grated carrots with 1 cup granulated sugar in colander set over a large bowl; drain until one cup liquid has collected, 20 to 30 minutes.
2. Adjust the oven rack to center position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease and flour bottom and sides of two 9 inch by 1 1/2 inch or 9-inch by 2 inch round cake pans. Invert pans and rap sharply to remove excess flour.
3. Whisk flour and next 4 ingredients (flour through salt) in large bowl; set aside.
4. Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet over medium-low heat, stirring frequently; cook until golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Transfer to large bowl; cool for 10 minutes, then whisk in remaining granulated sugar and brown sugar. Add eggs one at a time, whisking thoroughly before adding the next; add vanilla. Add Flour mixture, stirring until almost combined, then mix in carrots.
5. Divide batter evenly between pans; smooth surfaces with spatula. Bake until cake feels firm in center when pressed lightly and toothpick inserted into cake center comes out perfectly clean, 40 to 50 minutes. Transfer pans to wire rack; cool for 10 minutes. Run knife around the perimeter of each pan, invert cakes onto racks. Reinvert onto additional racks; cool completely before frosting.
For the Frosting. Beat cream cheese and butter in medium bowl with hand-held mixer on low speed until homogenous, 3 to 4 minutes. Add confections? sugar and sour cream; beat until well blended, 1 to 2 minutes longer.
To assemble the cake, place a dab of icing on the cake plate to secure the cake. Place the first layer bottom side up; frost top. Place second layer, bottom side up on top of the first layer. Frost sides, then top.
Variation: Carrot cake with Raisins and Walnuts. Toast 3/4 cup chopped walnuts in medium skillet set over medium heat, shaking pan occasionally to move nuts, until fragrant, 5 to 7 minutes. Follow Master Recipe, adding 3/4 cups raisins and toasted walnuts along with carrots.