1 4-oz. can crushed tomatoes
1 4-oz. can diced tomatoes
1 C. beef broth
3 cloves garlic
Italian seasoning, to taste
provolone cheese slices
salt and pepper, to taste

Directions

Fry the onions, tomatoes, and garlic in a medium stockpot with the butter. After 3 minutes, add the Italian seasonings and cook until fragrant. After that, add the beef broth and tomatoes (with juice). If needed, you may add more beef broth for a thinner sauce. Bring to a boil.

In a bowl, mix the ground beef with the salt and pepper and form into 1-inch meatballs. One the sauce mix is boiling, add the balls of beef and boil for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, simmer for about 30 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through. For a final 10 minutes, simmer uncovered to allow the sauce to reduce.

Serve on the sandwich roll on top of the provolone and extra sauce.

Sounds awesome, I love Subway meatball sandwiches, and meatball sandwiches in general. In a pinch I’ve made them with frozen meatballs, but they always turn out way better when I make the meatball homemade.

Hi…I am not computer illiterate and have nothing against social networking, but can someone put me onto the fast path to printing some of the recipes on the blog…Maybe my eyesight is failing me . Thanks…Gene

Are the 4-oz. cans of tomatoes correct? I’ve never found tomato cans that small. Should they be “14-oz. cans”?

Click Thread Tools and then Show Printable Version. Then print it from your browser using File / Print.

I like this site. I have been cooking for years and use to buy cookbooks when we went on vacation. But with the internet, it is so easy to find what you want on here.
This site is great because they have recipes from some of our favorite eating places. So it is great when they come out with one that we love. I bought the first cookbook America’s Restaurant. I use it a lot when I want something special. I believe it was the first one they put together.