Sunday is Easter

Sunday is Easter!

Have you planned your Easter menu yet? Would you like to share your Easter breakfast/lunch/brunch/dinner/dessert recipe or tip with us?

No matter what the meal is or even just a part of the meal - share with us what you will be enjoying! Maybe it is something your family has every year as a tradition, or maybe it will be something new you will be trying.

One of the cookies I will be making:

LEMON DROPS
MAKES 3 ½ DOZEN

½ c. (1 stick) unsalted butter
½ c. confectioner?s sugar
3 T. fresh lemon juice
1 t. vanilla
1 ¾ c. flour
½ c. finely ground macadamia nuts
2 T. fresh lemon zest
1/3 c. confectioners? sugar (for coating)

Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add juice and vanilla. Beat in flour, nuts and zest. Dough will be slightly stiff. Wrap; refrigerate 1 hour. Heat oven to 325* F. Pinch off heaping tablespoonfuls; roll into balls; place 1 - 2 inches apart on ungreased sheets. Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until slightly browned near bottoms. Remove to cool slightly. Sift confectioners? sugar over warm cookies to coat. Resift to serve.

For the kiddies I will bake these in ice cream cones, and color frosting in different spingtime colors:

CHOCOLATE SPRINKLE CUPCAKES
MAKES 10

1 ¾ c. flour
1 ½ t. baking powder
¼ t. salt
½ c. (1 stick) butter, softened
¾ c. sugar
2 eggs
1/2 t. vanilla extract
½ c. milk
2 T. chocolate sprinkles
Chocolate Frosting
Additional sprinkles for topping

Preheat oven to 350* F. Line muffin cups. Whisk dry ingredients. Beat sugar and butter until light and smooth, 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time with extract. On low speed, beat in flour alternately with milk. Fold in sprinkles. Fill cups 1/3 c. each. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until tests done. Cool. Frost. Sprinkle.

I finished making chocolate for the baskets and candy boxes (for the adults to take home) - also, peanut clusters, raisin clusters, nut/raisin clusters, chocolate covered pretzels, truffles and all those goodies!

Using Paas for dying eggs?? I gave that up years ago - now I use food coloring instead and I get very intense colors! And I can make any colors I want.

Do you have any hints/tips you would like to share??

We don’t really have ‘traditional’ fare for Easter, unless you count Marshmellow salad for lunch lol.
We have always started with a Breakkie BBQ. Eggs, bacon, sausages, gravy, fried tomatoes and onion. Toast, coffee and juice. Then everyone (grandparents, parents, aunty’s, uncle’s etc) gives out the eggs…and whatnot. Morning spent playing cricket or taking a swim or whatever…then BBQ lunch and leftovers for tea.

Ken