Super Easy Quesadillas & Chipotle Sauce
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced or shredded
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese (I use Krogers)
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced thin (green and white part)
- Diced canned green chilies to taste (2 oz can) or fresh jalapenos, diced (optional but good)
- 1 can refried beans
- 1-2 tablespoons chipotle chilies in adobo
- 1 package flour tortillas, 8-10? size
- Garnish: Sour cream, salsa, cilantro, guacamole, etc.
Combine chicken, cheese, green onions and chilies. Mix refried beans with chipotle chilies in adobo. Spread bean mixture on each tortilla to within 1? of edge. Top with chicken filling. Fold in half to enclose filling, or top with another tortilla. Heat a 10? skillet (I like to use Calphalon non-stick) and add a bit of olive oil. Get the olive oil hot and add tortilla. Cook until golden on each side. Slice into triangles. Serve with garnishes.
- Stir salsa into sour cream to taste for a delicious dip.
- Stir fresh chopped tomatoes and a handful of cilantro into bottled salsa.
CHIPOTLE CREAM SAUCE FOR QUESADILLAS, FAJITAS AND STEAKS
In a small bowl, mix together:
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2-3 teaspoons canned chipotle peppers in adobo