Swedish Meatballs

Hi, this is my first visit here. Awesome place! I’ve seen so many yummy looking recipes that I can’t wait to try some of them out.
This is a favorite family recipe that I’d like to share. I only make this as an appetizer over the holidays. My Mom made it every Christmas and now I continue the tradition . Hope you enjoy!!!

Swedish Meatballs

2 Lb. ground beef* (I prefer a lean cut like chuck/sirloin)
1 Lb. ground pork*
2 med. boiled red potatoes (peeled and grated) boil approx 25-30 mins.
2 pieces of white toast (soak with water then pressed out to get excess moisture out then crumbled)
1 medium onion diced (fine)
1 1/2 tbl. Sugar
1 1/2 tsp. Pepper
3/4 tsp. Cinnamon
3/4 tsp. Nut Meg
1 1/2 tbl. Salt
3/4 tsp. ground cloves
2 eggs
5oz can Carnation evaporated milk or you can use cream

• use 3 lbs of gr. beef and pork, you can use 1 1/2lbs of each. I prefer 2 beef to 1 pork

Boil the potatoes ahead of time until tender and let cool enough to handle /grate.

In a large mixing bowl add all the ingredients together and shape into small meatballs (cocktail size) and in a large fry pan (pref. non stick pan) cook slowly and turn often until nicely browned and cooked well done.
Drain on a paper towel.

Note: this should yield approx 90 meatballs. I get about 30 meatballs per pound of meat. This year I made them several days early and stuck them in the freezer…because time was an issue. They froze well and were yummy.

Serve warm or cold. Can be made ahead of time. I think they are tastier served warm but my hubby loves them cold. :smiley:

TYVM