Sweet and Sour Gravy

Does anyone have anything to offer on this. In a general discuss of friends one was looking for a recipe to make sweet and sour gravy. I never tackled anything like this and thought one of the generous people within could help.

On a separate note I found a spot in here that contained instructions to make your own clones of kitchen mixed spices as in poultry seasoning, seasoned salt etc. Could someone direct me to that area?

I’m not sure if you want sweet and sour gravy or sweet and sour sauces - but this is a note I have in my file for Sweet and Sour Gravy -

*1 tbsp light soy sauce

• 1/4 tsp salt
  • 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
  • 1 tbsp chilli sauce
  • 3 tbsp sugar
  • 1 tbsp lime juice
  • 1 tsp sesame oil
  • 1 tsp vegetarian oyster sauce

Thickening
1/2 tsp corn flour
2-3 tbsp water

here is another one - this one is for fish -

Finely chopped ginger 1 tsp.
Spring onion, medium size 1/4 cup
Carrot, chopped 1/4 cup
White pepper 1 tsp.
Ajinomoto A pinch of
Chicken stock 3/4 cup
Tomato sauce 1/2 cup
Soya sauce 1 tsp.
Vinegar 1 1/2 tbsps.
Cornflour mixed with water 1 1/2 tbsp.
Tomato, medium size 1 no.
Sugar 1 1/2 tbsp.
Oil 2 tbsps.
Salt To taste

Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan. Add the ginger, spring onion, capsicum, carrot, pepper, ajinomoto and salt. Stir fry over a high flame for 1 minute.

Add the stock, tomato sauce, Soya sauce, sugar, vinegar and salt.

Bring to a boil. Add the cornflour mixed with water and stir continuously, so that the mixture becomes thick. Add the tomato wedges and fried fish. Stir. Simmer uncovered for 1 minute.

here is another one - this one is for fish -

This fellow claims the gravy was started from a Roux. I guess it was used for sweet and sour tongue and heart but also got mixed into standard gravy from a roast. I think this one is dead in the water. I spent some time doing searches but came up empty. One mentioned adding sour cream which seems like a good idea. Most others deal with sourbraten. My mother just added vinegar and sugar.