Sweet Roti (Meetha Chappati / Roti)

[b]Sweet Roti (Meetha Chappati)[/b]
is one of my family traditional dish. I am sure not many of you have heard (or tasted) this recipe earlier. The preparation is really quick and simple and tastes absolutely delicious with hot/spicy pickles. This is an ideal item to prepare when there’s not much option (or stock) of side dishes. The roti/chappati tastes mildly sweet and gives the “chat-pata” taste when combined with the pickles. Try this recipe and do let me know whether you liked it.

Ingredients
[ul]
[li]1 cup of atta (flour)
[/li][li]2 green cardamom seeds
[/li][li]7-8 teaspoon sugar
[/li][li]1 cup cup milk
[/li][/ul]

Cooking time : 15 mins
Preparation time: 5 mins
Serves: 2

Preparation

1. In a bowl put 1 cup of atta (flour), 2 green cardamom seeds, 7-8 teaspoon of sugar and 1 cup milk and mix well. Batter will be not-so-thick, if it is more thick add little more milk.

2.Take a flat non-stick pan (tawa) heat it and put 1/4 teaspoon ghee and spread all over the pan, then put 1/2 cup batter into the pan spread it with held of spoon and cook in medium flame/heat. Turn the roti in another side when golden brown colour is formed and put little ghee over it and cook till the other side become light brown.

Note 1: There is no need to cook the roti till golden brown on the other side, just one side is sufficient.

Note 2: Taste the batter while preparing, if you want more sweetness add more sugar into the batter.

Sweet Roti is ready to serve hot with hot/spicy pickle for dinner. Side dish not required !