Syrup Baking Soda mix

Hi folks.

I am wondering if there is a way to mix pure maple syrup with aluminum-free baking soda so that the soda won’t separate from the syrup after the mixture has cooled?

I am heating the mixture and stirring briskly for 5 minutes. I don’t let it boil, but it still gets really frothy.

After it cools, the soda separates from the syrup. What am I doing wrong? How can I make the soda stay mixed with the syrup?

Thanks!!

The syrup is 100% Pure certified organic Grade B Kosher, sold by NOW vitamin company. I’m pretty sure it is a quality organic syrup. NOW is a good company. I’ve seen lots of positive testimony about their products.

The stuff I made yesterday was in the fridge all night, it is still separated. All the baking soda has settled on the bottom of the container. I’ll try heating it no more than 120 degrees. And I’ll try boiling for 5 minutes. 8)

Nope. One way didn’t work the other way I haven’t tried yet.

I tried boiling it. Before boiling it turns to froth, and then continue heating the froth disappears for the most part, then it thickens and becomes like carmel. So I took it off the heat at that point as there was very little moisture left in it.

I let it cool. After it had cooled it was hard as glass and stuck like resin to the pan.

So back to the drawing board. I’ll try the below 120 degrees, but that is pretty much how I did it before creating this thread. I let it get warm enough to get frothy but not boil.

If anyone has any ideas on how to do this without adding any ingredient to the mixture, let me know please.

I tried the other method to get the soda to disinigrate in the syrup. I didn’t let it get too hot and it never got frothy. So it was kept only warm for 15 minutes as I stirred the mixture the whole time. But alas, the baking soda won’t stay mixed into the syrup and separates as it cools.

I did find out that baking soda is water soluble. So maybe I next try dissolve the soda in water and then add it to the syrup and heat it but not to let it get too frothy and see if it will stay mixed and not separate.

I got the soda dissolved in water. I put 1/2 tsp in 1/3 cup of water and after an hour or two I found that it had dissolved completely. Next I added the syrup to the water mixture and heated/stirred for 5 minutes. It appears that even after cooling, it is not separating.