Thanksgiving leftovers -

Well - it’s almost over! Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and for those of us that are cooking the bird, we will most likely have leftovers!

The day after Thanskgiving I like a basic re-run. I’ll warm up some sliced turkey breast in gravy and warmup the stuffing and add any corn, peas or carrots to that that is leftover.

After that - then it’s diced turkey for casseroles or for salads.

Once the bird is out of the oven on T-Day, I have the meat off and in the platter; the skin and carcass goes directly into a large soup pot with onion, carrot and celery. While we are enjoying our dinner, broth is being made.

The dinner dishes get done and just before desserts are served, the broth is strained, discarding the bones, skin, etc. It is then cooled in the fridge and I can jar it up for the freezer and save some to make turkey soup for a day or two.

Casseroles are easy - cook egg noodles, add diced turkey, cream of chicken or celery or potato soup and frozen veggies of choice; top with bread crumbs or crackers crumbs and dot with butter - 350 to heat through.

What are you going to do with your leftovers? Please share!

Ever have a “bird” sandwich from Denny’s???

Two slices of sour dough bread, sliced turkey breast, slices of cooked bacon? You know the sandwich!

A hearty bread is best for this - sliced turkey breast (“real” turkey breast is so much better than the “fake” turkey you get from a deli!), swiss cheese, bacon slices (be generous!!!) gently grilled (like a grilled cheese)! Add any of the following: dijon mustard, Dijon mustard and mayo, honey mustard, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, peppers - anything you want! Serve with fries or chips and pickles of choice for a great lunch!