Pumpkin Pie like The Cheesecake FactoryÂ®
1 Â½ cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cold butter - cubed
1/4 cup cold shortening - cubed
1 Â½ teaspoon granulated sugar
5 tablespoons cold water
3 large eggs - lightly beaten
2 cups canned pumpkin
1 3/4 cups whipping cream
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon molasses
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Blend together flour, butter, shortening, and sugar with hands until mixture resembles small crumbs.
- Add water and toss until mixed through.
- Form the dough into a ball, and then knead for 30 seconds.
- Dust dough with flour, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Roll out dough to an 11" circle; place in a 9" pie plate; trim off all but 1" of excess dough from sides of pie plate; fold remaining excess under crust and pinch to seal.
- Prick bottom of shell with fork and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Weight crust with beans or pie weights and bake in a 375 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove weights and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Gently beat together remaining ingredients and pour into prepared crust.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes, or until set.