the oven does the cooking today...

Today I have a lot to do - so the oven can do the cooking!

Meatloaf: ground round, eggs, dry bread crumbs, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, fresh minced parsley, fresh minced garlic and a handful of fresh grated Pecorino Romano. Shaped into an oval (to match the oval roaster - LOL) and halved potatoes, light drizzle of olive oil over potatoes, salt, pepper, fresh parsley, fresh garlic and chunked carrots (these carrots I bought are HUGE) scattered with the potates.

Bake at 350* F. till done.

Side salad: fresh spinach leaves, iceberg, radacchio, tomatoes, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper and croutons.

And don’t forget the crusty Italian bread!!!

Just curious, do you put the potatoes and carrots around your meatloaf as one might do with a pork or beef roast? sounds delish!

Yes basketbabe1959 - I just pile in the potatoes and carrots - and everything is done at the same time. This can also be done in the crockpot - but by doing it in the oven, it is done much quicker. I love roasted potatoes!

It’s just one of those meals you make at the last minute when you don’t know what to make. I just ran to the market and grabbed a package of ground round. Once it was prepared it only took a little over 1 1/2 hours in the oven.

Kitchen Witch