There was a recipe that I now can't find...

When I first joined this forum I saw a recipe for meatballs that used grape jelly and chili sauce, I can not locate it now. Can someone point me in the right direction please. I want to try it this weekend. I think it was for a slow cooker.

Don’t know if this is the same one but here are 2 that I use.
Meat Ball Extreordinaise
3 lbs. ground beef 1 egg 1 onion, grated salt to taste 1 ( 12 oz.) jar chili sauce 1 ( 12 oz.) jar grape jelly juice of 1 lemon or 2 T. bottled juice

Blend together beef, egg, onion and salt. Form into small meatballs.Brown in skillet. Drain. combine chili sauce, jelly and juice . Pour over meatballs in skillet or transfer to crockpot and let cook on low at least 2 hrs.

Barbecue Meatballs
1 1/2 lbs. ground beef 1 pkg. onion soup mix 2 T. milk 1 T. worcestershire sauce 1 bottle barbecue sauce 1 ( 12 oz.) jar grape jelly

Combine beef soup mix, milk and worcestershire. Shape into balls and bake at 350 for 20 to 30 minutes or until done. Place drained meatballs in crockpot. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over meatballs let simmer 2 hrs. before serving.
I have also cheated and bought the frozen meatballsand just made the sauces. We recently served both of these at a 50th anniversary party and both were big hits. Hope this helps you out.

Thanks ALL! These all sound good but not the one I am trying to remember.

Oh well I will keep looking.

bookwoman,

the recipe that you’re looking for is more than likely…1 pkg frozen meatballs, 1 jar heinz chile sauce & 1 jar grape jelly. combine in slow cooker and heat until hot.

rho

ps…i have another recipe that’s a little more involved if you’d like that one.

Nope Not it! I found the one I was looking for; it was not on this site!

OOps my mistake!

bw

I’m dying of curiosity. Could you post the recipe that you found?

BetK

Not going to happen!
Why should I post it here so it can be buried under numerous reposts of other people’s recipes by certain folks.
I will be glad to point you in the direction of where I found it, contact me by PM.

what a lovely response