this is not my recipe!

Well - these are recipes I got from my membership to SendMeRecipes.com - http://sendmerecipes.com/vip-invite.html

As you all know - each day the members receive complete meals with either Quick and Easy Recipes, Low Carb & Diabetic or Low Fat & WW. I have tried several of them and they are definitely KEEPERS at my house.

This is one from the Low Carb & Diabetic:

Crab Cakes

1 egg
3 Tbs mayonnaise
1 tsp dry mustard
1/4 cup chopped drained bottled pimiento
3 Tbs minced fresh parsley leaves
1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 dashes Tabasco sauce
1/4 tsp freshly-ground black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1 lb lump crab meat
3/4 cup finely-crushed spicy pork rinds
2 Tbs vegetable oil
1 Tbs butter

1 In a large bowl whisk together the egg, mayonnaise, mustard, pimiento, parsley, Old Bay Seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, pepper, and salt. Add the crab meat and 1/4 cup of pork rinds, toss the mixture gently.

2 Spread the remaining 1/2 cup of pork rinds on a plate, form 1/3-cup of mixture gently into 3/4-inch patties (about 8), and coat the top and bottoms of each patty carefully with the pork rinds, transferring to a sheet of waxed paper.

3 In a large skillet heat the oil and the butter over moderately-high heat. Fry the crab cakes, for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until they are golden. Serve with the lemon wedges.

Servings: 8

Classic Ham Salad

1 lb ham, finely chopped
2 Tbs Dijon or country-style mustard
3 Tbs mayonnaise
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, (optional)
1 shallot, finely chopped
1 Tbs finely-chopped dill pickle

1 In a mixing bowl, combine ham, mustard, mayonnaise and cayenne. Mix well. Stir in shallot and pickle.

2 Comments: Any cooked ham is fine in this salad. The key is to chop it finely, so its flavor mingles with the dressing.

Servings: 4

Creamy Red Cabbage Slaw

1 lb red cabbage, cored, quartered, and thinly sliced
1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
1/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 Tbs chopped fresh tarragon
1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
1/4 packet sugar substitute
Salt, to taste
Freshly-ground black pepper, to taste

1 In large bowl, combine cabbage and onion. In small bowl, mix sour cream, mayonnaise, dill, vinegar and sugar substitute. Add salt and pepper to taste.

2 Add dressing to cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour for flavors to blend. (May be made up to 1 day ahead). Serve chilled or at room temperature.

Servings: 6

We enjoyed the crab cakes and cabbage slaw for dinner and we made the ham salad for lunch (served on crusty rolls) with a green salad. I’ve done some mix-and-matching with the meals from each category - everyone has enjoyed them very much.

I will post more that we liked!

I Cannot Wait To Try The Crap Cake Recipe,it Is My All Time Favorite Meat.yummy

Hi Mae -

Since you like crab - here is another recipe from our sister site - SMR/Daily Recipes/Low Fat & WW:

Cajun Crab Cakes 

2 servings olive oil cooking spray = (5 one-second sprays per serving)
1 lb fresh lump crabmeat, jumbo
2 Tbs uncooked quick oats
1/4 cup roasted red peppers, diced
2 Tbs fat-free mayonnaise
2 tsp Creole or Cajun seasoning, divided
1 tsp Dijon mustard
3/4 cup uncooked quick oats

1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
2 In a large bowl, combine crabmeat, 2 tablespoons of oats, peppers, mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon of seasoning and mustard; mix gently to combine, being careful not to break up crabmeat lumps.
3 In a shallow dish, combine remaining 3/4 cup of oats and remaining teaspoon of seasoning.
4 Shape crab mixture into 4 equal patties, about 1-inch thick each. Transfer crab cakes to oat mixture and turn to coat both sides. Transfer crab cakes to prepared baking sheet and coat surfaces with cooking spray.
5 Bake until crab cakes are firm to the touch and golden brown, about 15 minutes. (Note: These are tasty plain but you can jazz them up with a sauce made from fat-free mayonnaise spiked with horseradish.)

Servings: 4

and of course - you don’t have to use fat-free mayo - you can use regular if you like!