Tim Horton’s Style Oatmeal Muffins
Just that old-fashioned goodness.
• 1 cup milk
• 1 cup quick-cooking oats
• 1 egg
• 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1⁄4 cup white sugar
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425F (220C).
- Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- In a small bowl, combine milk and oats and let soak for 15 minutes. In a separate bowl, beat together egg and oil then stir in oatmeal mixture. In a third bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir flour mixture into wet ingredients, just until combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups until cups are 2/3 full. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.