today -

LIVER AND ONIONS!!

Beef liver dredged in seasoned flour (flour, salt, pepper, dried parsley flakes); fried in skillet with olive oil, plenty of fresh sliced garlic; loaded with onions!
Additional salt, pepper and parsley to taste.

Served with potato casserole - sliced sweet and white potatoes and sliced onions; tossed with melted butter in large bowl and seasoned with salt, pepper and parsely. Pour into buttered casserole; top with cubed fresh white bread slices (remove crust if you want - I don’t) and dot with butter. Baked at 350* F. until done.

Add a green salad - romaine, iceberg, tomatoes, cucumbers, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper and basil.

And don’t forget the fresh crusty Italian bread!

KW,
All that is missing is my invitation to dinner! I’ll bring dessert (a nice fruit compote).

Seriously, I love liver & onions but my family threatens to leave town if I make it (even for myself). I make it when everyone but me is gone for the day. The dogs love the leftovers, when there are any.
Pat

Sounds fine!

Come on over! Your place setting is waiting for you!!

I can eat this at least once a week I love it so much!!

No one in our family ate it except mom and I - but we are used to cooking two separate dinners for one meal anyway!!!

Fruit compote??? YES!!!

KW

PS - I remember when I was little - my mom was very sick and the doctor said she was to eat liver - 3 TIMES A DAY - FOR A COUPLE WEEKS! Although she was only in her twenties, she was run down from overwork, had anemia and low blood pressure. I was in heaven with all the liver!!! Dad got his meals - and mom and I were enjoying liver. I even got to eat it for breakfast and lunch! I didn’t want anything else - after all - if the doc said it was good for mom to have 3 times a day - then it was good for me too!!