Tomato Soup with Parmesan Cream Hearts
1 cup peeled and diced potato
1 cup water
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, halved
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
1/4 tsp salt
dash of pepper
2 14 oz cans, whole tomatoes (no salt added) undrained coarsely chopped
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup plain low fat yogurt
2 Tbsps freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Combine first four ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 10-12 minutes (vegetables should be tender).
- Add sugar and next 4 ingredients and bring back to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Puree soup in a blender and strain through a sieve.
- Add milk to mixture and stir well.
- Cook over low heat stirring constantly until heated.
- Mix yogurt and cheese and stir well.
- Ladle soup into serving bowls and place 1/2 tsp dollops of cheese mixture on top.
- Pull a wooden pick continuously dollops to make heart patterns.