Top Five Tips For Using An Electric Smoker

Electric smokers provide an easy way to produce delicious barbecue for your entire family. A smoker produces tender, flavorful dinners you crave. Continue reading to learn the top five tips professional smokers use.

Instead of putter water in your water pan, try adding beer, wine or fruit juice. This allows the food you are cooking to absorb the flavors, while keeping your food moist and juicy.

The type of wood you put in the smoke greatly affects the flavor of the food. Adding hickory chips gives your food a subtle hit of bacon, while applewood enhances the food with a hint of sweetness.

Rub your meat to hold in moisture and flavor the meat. Don’t hold back on the seasonings. Pat the meat dry with a paper towel and then press the rub all over the meat.

Oil your grill grate before placing food in the smoker. This will help prevent the food from sticking to the smoker.

Resist the urge to check on your meat. Every time you open the smoker, you let heat out, which can cause the food to cook unevenly.

The tips located above will help ensure that your meals will be as good as the professionals. Use them the next time you want a smoked dinner fit for a king.

I have been smoking for about 30 years, and I hope you don’t mind me sharing some of my tips. I started with a Weber charcoal smoker, and graduated to a Brinkmann electric smoker. I now have the Masterbuilt 40 inch smoker which is great because I go outside and set it up then control from inside and do not have to go back outside until the meat is done.

I have been using apple juice for almost everything for years. As far as chips go hickory is good if you do not put too many. It has a good taste which to me and resembles the BBQ you get at a BBQ shack, but it can be overpowering in some cases and completely take over the taste of the meat. I prefer to use pecan chips which is akin to hickory but much milder. I like apple chips, but I prefer cherry. I also like mesquite.

Pork ribs - hickory or pecan
Pork tenderloin or loin - pecan
When doing pork BBQ with a butt - pecan and pineapple juice in the the water pan
Beef brisket -cherry or apple
When cooking whole rib to make prime rib I don’t add any chips because there is enough residual flavor on the walls to give it a great taste. When eating prime rib I want the taste of the meat to dominate.
If you like mesquite which is very mild it can be used on anything.
If you are using pecan chips and apple juice you get both the hickory like flavor and sweetness.
You can add a can of cola to the apple juice to enhance the sweetness.

Nice tips i must say and people should keep these tips in mind. Thanks for sharing these tips here. Nice thread.