Triple Cheese and Prosciutto Pie
1 cup ricotta cheese
10 slices of fresh mozzarella
1/2 cup grated parmesan
5 slices of Prosciutto di Parma
1 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
Salt and pepper
Sliced blanched almonds
- Instructions: Mix the cheeses and basil taste for salt and pepper and season.
- Add basil.
- Cut puff pastry to form two 10" circle and place slices of prosciutto over it.
- Spread the cheese over prosciutto leaving 1/2 inch on the edge.
- Brush the edge with egg wash made with the egg and cover with the other puff pastry.
- Brush with more egg wash and sprinkle with almonds and a little sugar.
- Bake at 400 F for 15 to 20 min until golden brown.