Here’s a smoothie recipe my daughter made for us this morning. She named it “Tropical Smoothie”. She used the berries we picked and froze a few weeks ago. It was really dee-licious!!!
In a blender, add:
- a little bit of Tropicana Twister (raspberry and kiwi flavour)
- a little bit of POM (juice made of pomegranate and cherry)
- 1 kiwi, sliced
- 1 banana, sliced
- a handful of frozen blueberries
- a handful of frozen raspberries
- a handful of frozen strawberries
- a couple scoops of frozen vanilla yogurt
She likes her smoothies thick. You just eyeball the amounts for the liquid and frozen yogurt to achieve the desired thickness.
*We always make fruit smoothies, but what makes this one especially delicious is the taste the POM and Tropicana Twister gave. We usually use orange juice, grape juice, or pineapple juice, or a combination. This recipe made it a delicious change.
NOTE: When using a blender, always add some of the liquid first. It will blend it better and make it a lot easier on your blender.