Turkey

I have a problem i thought that my brother was going to be out of town for Thanksgiving so i went aheard and get the thinks for Thanksgiving. And the Turkey is thraw in the Ref. I got it out sunday afternoon. Now he called last night and they will be here and they got the things for Thanksgiving. So can i go aheard and put the Turkey back in the frezzer it not thawed out yet.

Ilene - this is a hard call to make -

if I was in this situation - I would cook the turkey - even if I had to do it the day before. Then I would make my soup stock, gravy, etc. and carve the bird up - freeze some, keep some for meals, etc. so that my family would have “leftovers” which is something you don’t get when you eat at someone else’s home.

I am quite sure that turkeys thaw to a degree in the supermarket and they just put them back in the freezer - I have seen that happen.

Maybe I am too fussy at times - I have this “thing” about bacteria, food poisoning, etc. I feel it’s better to be safe than sorry.

Kitchen Witch

You could think of donating the turkey to a family that may not be able to have a Thanksgiving dinner.
Check with your local schools, shelters and homes. Im sure they would appreciate it.