Awesome recipe from the book The Complete Magnolia Bakery Cookbook: Recipes from The World Famous Bakery and Alyssa Torey’s Home Kitchen.
Ingredients: (makes 2 dozen cupcakes)
1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs, at room temperature
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to do…
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line cupcake pan with cupcake papers.
- In a small bowl, combine the flours. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter until smooth.
- Add the sugar gradually and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the dry ingredients in 3 parts, alternating with the milk and vanilla. With each addition, beat until the ingredients are incorporated but do not over beat. Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the batter in the bowl to make sure the ingredients are well blended.
- Carefully spoon the batter into the cupcake liners, filling them about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean.