FOR THE FLATBREAD
5og/2oz plain flour
50g/2oz self-raising flour
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
2 tbsp cold water
1 tsp olive oil
Drizzle of oil
FOR THE SOUP BASE
1 spring onion, chopped
¼ yellow pepper, de-seeded and diced
¼ beef tomato, diced
120 ml/4fl oz vegetable stock
FOR THE SOUP
1 spring onion, finely chopped
¼ beef tomato, finely diced
¼ yellow pepper, finely diced
Small handful of fresh basil and chives, chopped
Dash of Tabasco sauce
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- To make the flatbreads, place the plain and self-raising flour, mustard, water and olive oil into the mixer bowl with k beater and mix on speed 2 to form a dough.
- Using floured hands, knead the dough on a floured surface and then roll out.
- Fold over the dough and roll again to allow air to be incorporated into the dough. Cut the dough into equal-sized pieces.
- Heat a griddle pan, drizzled with oil, until hot. Griddle the flatbreads for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden and crisp.
- To make the soup base, place the spring onion, pepper, tomato and water into the liquidiser and blend until smooth, adding extra water to thin if necessary. Strain the mixture through a sieve.
- Transfer the soup base to a pan and stir in the spring onion, tomato, yellow pepper. Heat for a few minutes and then add the fresh herbs, Tabasco sauce, olive oil and seasoning and stir to combine. Heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with the flatbreads.