2 cloves garlic
2cm Root Ginger
1/2 Tsp Chilli Powder
1 green Chilli
1 orange Bell Pepper
approx 200g Quorn Mince
1 tin Kidney beans
1 tin tomatoes
squeeze of Tomato pur�e (prob 3cm ish)(optional)
half can water (use the tomato tin)
Good quality Olive oil
Sea Salt & Black Pepper

To serve

1/4 pint rice per person

Method

Finely chop the garlic, Ginger and Onion and gently fry in a little olive oil until the onion is soft and becoming translucent. Add the Chilli powder and the De seeded, finely chopped Chilli. Fry gently for a couple of minutes to bring out the flavours then add the Quorn Mince (can use beef or lamb etc)and the chopped Bell Pepper again fry off for a couple of minutes. Add the tin of tomatoes (chopped) and the Kidney beans along with the half tin of water, Stir well and add the Tomato pur�e if you are using it. Season with a good quality Sea salt and black pepper (I use Maldon Sea Salt, which is probably the best salt on the market, mind you it has to be at the price) Bring the chilli to the boil and then turn down to simmer for about 20 minutes to half an hour. If it needs it thicken the chilli with a little gravy granules or corn flour (this time round I used veg gravy granules) Serve on a bed of rice and enjoy.

The way I cook my rice which always seems to give good results to me is to measure 1/4 pint of rice (a one person serving) in a jug and then put it in a pan, use the same amount of Cold water add to the rice and bring it to the boil, as soon as it hits the boiling point, turn it down and simmer for 10 minutes or until all the water has evaporated. once the rice is cooked I then add a little nob of butter just to liven the taste up a little. (obviously if cooking for 4 then it’s a pint of rice to a pint and a little of water the cooking time is still the same though.)