Very crispy chicken

Hi,

I am a newcomer. I would like to know how to make chicken with a crispy
coating like kentucky.
:idea: Thanks for your help.

Always a favorite of my family and it takes out all of the fat from frying!

3-4 Boneless Chicken Breasts

1 Cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs (You can also use a mixture of Breadcrumbs and Crushed Corn Flakes, Make your own Breadcrumbs, use Goldfish, or regular saltine crackers… My preference is a cornflake/breadcrumb mixture! Yum Yum with the melted butter!!!)

Sprig of Fresh Tyme, Basil (Etc.) coarsley chopped

2-3 Egg whites, vigorously beaten

1/2 Cup melted Butter

Preheat oven to 425.

Dredge chicken in egg whites, then coat generously with breadcrumb mixture, patting to make sure crumbs are well attached.

Place chicken pieces in baking dish, coated with cooking spray.

Drizzle melted butter over the coated chicken (this is vital for crispy, oven-fried chicken)

Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. The chicken batter will have a very nice golden color.

*** Add 1/2 cup SHREDDED Parmesean cheese with the breadcrumb mixture for easy Parmesean chicken!

For very quick simple crispy chicken:

1. Cut up whole chicken or any specific part of chicken desired

2. Season cut up chicken with salt & pepper.

3. prepare in 3 separate plates the following - following this order: flour, beaten eggs, bread crumbs. (In Manila, we use Japanese bread crumbs also)

4. Canola Oil for deep frying. Make sure oil is very hot before dropping chicken pieces.

5. While you are waiting for the oil to heat up, you can start dipping the chicken parts into the flour. Please do not coat it so thickly. Just enough to cover the chicken lightly. Then dip in beaten eggs and finally coat with bread crumbs. Now you can deep fry.

6. Once the chicken are dipped into the frying pan, make sure you lower your fire so as to cook the inside of the chicken. you will not want the chicken to be raw inside.

7. Drain with paper towel before serving.

8. It’s refreshing to serve this with simple tomato salsa instead of the usual catsup. Rice or pita bread can go with crispy chicken.

HAPPY COOKING!!!

The way i make my crunchy chicken is take how ever many chicken pieces you need (doesn’t matter if it is bone in or not) season it with garlic salt and pepper let it sit for like 10 minutes place the chicken in a mixing bowl and cover with buttermilk for 1 hour. Season flour to taste with the garlic salt and pepper then dredge the chicken in it and let it sit for 15 minutes on a cooling rack. If you like it extra extra crispy then dip it in the buttermilk again then back in the flour and let it sit for 10 more minutes when the oil is ready deep fry until cooked. this is a very good and simple way to make crunchy chicken

the best chicken i swear ive ever eaten was made when my fiance shared a apartment with 4 afro americans from cleveland, ohio. some instant potatoes and some frozen or canned corn with a little butter in both made the meal. we could have eaten this most every night, it was “el cheapo” and good. oh…the crispy chicken sorry…it was washed and cut into pieces, the breast cut in half and then half again, making 4 pieces of white meat.
flour, (tsp)salt and pepper were placed in a brown paper bag. into the bag went one ot two pieces of chicken, until all was shaken and covered.it was placed on a plate to air dry for a few moments depending on how hungry we were.
then we were using crisco shortening to fry with. i liked a deep skillet or stew pot with about an inch of shortening, bring to a good cook temp(probably 350) if using an electric skillet. add the chicken a few pieces at a time, not to cool down the shortening, cook until all pieces were a nice brown colorand the juices run clear.the smaller pieces of white meat guarunteed the fact the white meat would be done. cool on some paper towels as long as you can stand it, dont burn your tongue.

the best chicken i swear ive ever eaten was made when my fiance shared a apartment with 4 afro americans from cleveland, ohio. some instant potatoes and some frozen or canned corn with a little butter in both made the meal. we could have eaten this most every night, it was “el cheapo” and good. oh…the crispy chicken sorry…it was washed and cut into pieces, the breast cut in half and then half again, making 4 pieces of white meat.
flour, (tsp)salt and pepper were placed in a brown paper bag. into the bag went one ot two pieces of chicken, until all was shaken and covered.it was placed on a plate to air dry for a few moments depending on how hungry we were.
then we were using crisco shortening to fry with. i liked a deep skillet or stew pot with about an inch of shortening, bring to a good cook temp(probably 350) if using an electric skillet. add the chicken a few pieces at a time, not to cool down the shortening, cook until all pieces were a nice brown colorand the juices run clear.the smaller pieces of white meat guarunteed the fact the white meat would be done. cool on some paper towels as long as you can stand it, dont burn your tongue.

I like to use boneless chicken breasts, dip them in egg whites.

I like to toss a few different things together for the breading. You can use breadcrumbs, cracker crumbs, goldfish crackers, corn flakes. My family’s favorite is when I mix seasoned almond slices, grated parmesean and breadcrumbs.

Be sure to drizzle melted butter over the chicken pieces. THAT is what makes them cricpy in the oven.

Oven at 350 for about 45 to one hour.

The best fried chicken recipe I have found is on the back of Old Bay Seasoning can.

1 whole frying chicken, cut up
6-8 cups shortening

Marinade:
4 cups water
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 teaspoon MSG (Accent Flavor Enhancer)

Coating:
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons salt
3/4 teaspoon pepper
3/4 teaspoon MSG (Accent Flavor Enhancer)
1/8 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/8 teaspoon Baking Powder

Trim any excess skin and fat from the chicken pieces. Combine marinade ingredients in a container large enough to hold the chicken. Place in marinade for at least one hour.

Once marinated, transfer each piece to paper towels so that excess liquid can drain off.

Combine the beaten egg and milk in a medium bowl. In another medium bowl, combine the remaining coating ingredients (flour, salt,pepper
and MSG). Working with one piece at a time, first dip in egg and milk then coat the chicken with the dry flour mixture, then the egg and milk mixture again, and then back into the flour. Be sure that each piece is coated very generously.

Stack the chicken on a cookie sheet until each piece has been coated. Drop the chicken, one piece at a time into the hot shortening. Fry half of the chicken at a time (4 pieces) for 12-15 minutes, or until it is golden brown. You should be sure to stir the chicken around halfway through the cooking time so that each piece cooks evenly. Remove the chicken to a rack or towels to drain for
about 5 minutes before eating.