Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
1 bulb garlic, separated and peeled
1/2 cup water
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1/4 tsp honey
1 Tbsp virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp black pepper
- Place the garlic cloves into a small saucepan and pour enough water (about 1/2 cup)
to cover them.
- Bring water to a boil then reduce heat and simmer until garlic is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Reduce the liquid to 2 Tbsp and increase the heat for 3 minutes.
- Pour the contents into a small sieve over a bowl and with a wooden spoon,
mash the garlic through the sieve into the bowl.
- Whisk the vinegar into the garlic mixture; incorporate the oil and seasoning.
Yield: 4 servings–Serving Size: 2 Tbsp
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 3 g
Saturated fat: less than 1 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 0 mg