Wanted recipe for Mexican cookie

Hi! I am wanting a recipe for the cake like sugar cookies that you can find at Walmart or HEB bakeries that are the large, thick cookie that is usually bright pink or yellow in color. I have also seen these cookies at a local Mexican bakery. They are soft & crumbley.
Thanks, Bonnie

Hi Bonnie,

Do these cookies have a name? Or do you know what some of the ingredients might be?

Sure would make it easier to help you find what your looking for.

Frank

I’m sure this is the right cookie – I make them every Christmas!

Mexican Wedding Cookies
1 c. butter
1/2 c. powdered sugar
2 t. vanilla
2 t. water
2 c. flour
1 c. finely-chopped pecans
Powder sugar for coating

Preheat oven to 325 for 10 minutes. Cream butter and 1/2 c. powdered sugar, add vanilla and water. Mix in flour and beat until blended. Stir in nuts; shape into small balls. Bake 20 minutes on ungreased baking sheet (do not allow to brown). Cool slightly on wire rack, roll in powdered sugar.

I’m sure this is the right cookie – I make them every Christmas!

Mexican Wedding Cookies
1 c. butter
1/2 c. powdered sugar
2 t. vanilla
2 t. water
2 c. flour
1 c. finely-chopped pecans
Powdered sugar for coating

Preheat oven to 325 for 10 minutes. Cream butter and 1/2 c. powdered sugar, add vanilla and water. Mix in flour and beat until blended. Stir in nuts; shape into small balls. Bake 20 minutes on ungreased baking sheet (do not allow to brown). Cool slightly on wire rack, roll in powdered sugar.

These cookies are not the kind that are small & rolled in powdered sugar.
I frequent a mexican bakery where they make these cookies & they are so good.
They are very large cookies that are bright pink or bright yellow. They are about an inch thick & 4 or 5 inches around. They are sort of like a cross between the pecan sandies that you can buy in the supermarket & a sugar cookie. Very soft & crumbley. I am sure that they have powdered sugar in them because they are so soft.
Thanks,
Bonnie