What happened to the Recipe Exchange?

I simply could not believe what I read in regards to
flooding, :shock: submitted by the “recipe buddy.” :idea: Stop and think about what life was like after the “GREAT FLOOD” In the short time that I have been a member, I sure have learned alot. As Thumper has said…“If you can’t say somethin’ nice, don’t say nothin’ at all.”[/u]

I find it odd that there are a few “discontents” on a free site because of the generousity of people.

I never thought I would say this when not at work, but here goes, “If you don’t like it here no one is going to make you stay here.”

Ms Kitchenwitch you are so generous and no one should fault your generousity, so as I have said in the past, Keep On Posting!

AJ

I don’t want anyone to start pointing fingers at me. I’ve been posting around 5 or 6 recipes daily but don’t want any backlash by anyone. I guess I’ll just hold off any posting until I know for sure what has been decided.

Okay, thanks so much. Just wanted to make sure. I love this site and all the great recipes and love contributing to it.

jackie

Post away friend! It is not the posting of recipes that has some of us in an uproar it is the speed posting of several pages of recipes that is upsetting… I posted over 20 recipes today but not all in a row or all in the same post or topic.

Hi nebulized…

You don’t ever have to worry about the number of posts you make or how fast you post them … those are non-issues. This site is owned/operated by Mr. R.on Dou.glas. He established this site with the intent of it’s members to post and share recipes. It has grown greatly since it’s inception and it will continue to grow and evolve. Any directive concerning posting or quantative posting will come from Mr. Douglas, and not the petty wishes and rants of a clear minority! What one views as a quality post and another views as lacking quality, is moot. If we were to examine a cross-section of this membership, we’d easily discover that there are people from all walks of life…some folks prefer simple, down to earth, dishes. Not all people would like or even entertain a dish such as Coquille St. Jacques, much less like it if they tried the recipe. There will be MANY people that like and appreciate “cheese balls” or plain and simple meat and taters … and so that type of recipe is appealing to them. It matters not what the recipe is, nor how many of them you posted, nor which page it sits on … be assured your recipe will be discovered and appreciated.
Post as many as you want, and at whatever speed of posting you want. Ignore the minority…every single recipe post here has value, and thus quality.

B-man :wink:

Wow…a few people exspress a opinion, and they are called petty wishes and rants. Thats nothing but a rude thing to say, everyone has a right to their view point no matter how many posts they have made.
Yes I have a only made a few, 2 recipes i have posted.I have asked for none in return. But I made sure I posted some incase I did ever request one. Yes those 2 little recipes I posted I typed myself, I liked them ,and typed them out myself.No I didnt google and paste them.But thats my way. To each there own…Everyone should be able to voice a opinion, none of us are right or wrong, just have diff ideas of what they would like this site to be about.

nebulized, you keep on posting. Don’t let a few “people” keep you from enjoying the site.

Thank you Kitchen Witch for all the positiveness and mr. B-man glad to see you back. Here’s hoping you will keep coming in more often.
A J

Lets put an end to this. This is not leading anywhere and it is counter-productive. Everyone’s opinion has been noted and taken into consideration.

I encourage everyone to post - that is what I call contributing. Whether it is typed or copied, tried or not, it is still sharing.

There is no race to see who can get the most posts. There is no prize for that. I’ve made a few people moderators based on the amount of time they spend on the forum and the ideas they’ve contributed. Not based on quantity.

My decision was to make a seperate forum for “Tried and True Recipes” and that is the “My Favorite Recipes” section.

If that is what you’re looking for it is there for you.

I’ve respectfully done what I felt was best for everyone. Any futher bickering on this subject will be deleted.

If anyone needs clarification they can send me a PM.

Ron Douglas

I agree entirely with your posted comments Ron. We all need to move forward and leave this scenario behind and forgotten. I intend to.

B-man :wink:

The best site on the web but it wouldn’t be complete without you… Cowgirl