what i do with turkey leftovers

I make turkey enchiladas with them i take the turkey and shred it up and mix it with melted velveeta mexican cheese i heat up tortillas and then i mix a container of sour cream with the turkey and cheese mixture…i put some in each tortilla and roll them up and then i put leftover mixture over the tops of the tortillas and add a few cans of ranch styled beans and shredded 4blend fiesta cheese on top of this and bake till cheese melts and serve it with spanish rice
it is a tradition to do this now…

My aunt used to take her dressing (stuffing) leftovers, add a little more broth, maybe an egg, and make them into patties. Then she would fry them in a little oil.

They are like dressing croquettes. You could even add a little leftover turkey and top them with some turkey gravy, for a main dish. SO GOOD!

Turkey Croquettes is great to make with left over turkey, here is a recipe. Le me know if you like them! You can also fry these up in a deep fryer, but make sure you place them in the fridge for a bit. Personally I watch what I eat so instead of using the butter, I drizzle olive oil and bake them. The white sauce is good, but I normally use turkey gravy!

Kim

Baked Turkey Croquettes

2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
3/4 cup milk
2 cups turkey – chopped
1 egg yolk – beaten
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon celery salt
1 egg
2 teaspoons water
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 teaspoon ground sage
2 tablespoons butter – melted

Melt 2 tablespoons butter over low heat. Add the flour and stir until well blended. Cook one minute. Slowly add milk and cook, stirring constantly, until boiling. Let sauce cool; add chopped turkey, egg yolk, salt and celery salt
Form into twelve small cones. Mix bread crumbs with ground sage. Beat egg in water. Roll cones in crumbs. Dip each cone in egg and roll again in crumbs. Place on greased baking pan and drizzle with melted butter.

Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

CROQUETTE WHITE SAUCE
Did you know a few twirls of a rotary beater give a smooth finishing touch to White Sauce?

1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup flour
2 cups milk
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 egg, beaten

Melt butter in saucepan over low heat, add flour in 2 portions, blending until smooth. Add milk gradually stirring constantly to keep smooth. Continue stirring until sauce boils, then simmer 5 min[utes]. Stir in seasonings. Remove from heat and beat in the egg, then cook and stir another 2 min[utes]. [Makes a]bout 2 cups.

Hint: Cool White Sauce by covering and setting saucepan in cold water. Change water occasionally and stir sauce frequently to prevent “skin” or film from forming [on the sauce].