White Chip Meringue Dessert Bars
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
2 cups (12 ounce package) Nestle Toll House Premier
1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped nuts, divided
3 large egg whites
1 cup packed brown sugar
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, powdered sugar and butter with a pastry blender (or 2 knives) until crumbly.
- Press evenly onto bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until set.
- Sprinkle white morsels and 1 cup nuts over hot crust.
- In a small mixer bowl beat egg whites until frothy. Gradually add brown sugar; beat until stiff peak forms.
- Carefully spread meringue over morsels and nuts. Sprinkle with remaining nuts.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or cool completely.
Servings: 24 bars