Yellow Mustard Sauce

I am trying to re-create a mustard sauce that my mother-in-law used to make for my husband when they had roast pork. He doesn’t recall many of the ingredients, but it said it definitely had yellow mustard in, no honey flavor, and was somewhat creamy. I know it’s not a lot to go on, but can anybody help? Thanks so much!

Pork Tenderloin with Creamy Mustard Sauce

1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil ½ cup evaporated fat-free milk
2 ½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
½ cup white wine
2 tablespoons sliced green onions

Cut pork into 1-inch-thick slices. Place pork between two pieces of plastic wrap. Flatten to ¼-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the pork; cook on each side 2 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Remove from skillet; set aside and keep warm. Repeat with remaining pork.
Reduce heat to low. Add evaporated milk; stir to loosen browned bits from bottom of pan. Stir in wine and mustard. Return pork to skillet. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened, turning to coat pork with sauce. To serve, top with green onions.

You can skip the slicing and flattening. I just think its faster and juicier!

Hope this helps!

My father used to make it by simply mixing mustard powder with milk or cream - YUMMY !!!